PC, tablet & mobile: Our 24/7 companions
The number of studies, statistics and engagement metrics around mobile and tablet usage is overwhelming. In the search marketing world, there was much speculation for a number of years about when the mobile wave would finally hit. If you haven’t noticed, that wave has hit us and with the chart popping smart phone & tablet adoption rates, mobile engagement is only going to keep growing.
According to Google, if you haven’t shifted some advertising dollars to mobile yet, it’s too late to be early.
Below you will find a compilation of statistics and pertinent facts around the usage of digital devices to show you a snapshot of the advertising opportunity that is unraveling online.
Mobile: Your GPS / Map / Store Finder & More when you’re on the move
- On the move companion
- Hyper local, location specific usage
- Steady usage throughout the day with a peak in the evening hours
PC: The place we sit down to focus & get work done
- Work oriented, in the office or at home
- Task focused, when you are trying to achieve something specific
- Peak usage in business hours: 9am – 5pm
Tablet: Your entertainment companion / book & information storage device
- Surfing the web has moved to tablet
- Entertainment, reading, shopping
- Peak usage in evening hours: 6pm – 10pm
Is your Business Mobile Ready?
- Mobile searches have grown 400% since 2010
Source: Google Mobile Optimization Webinar, 2011
- 53% of searchers purchase as a result of a smartphone search in the U.S
Source: Google/OTX, The Mobile Movement, U.S, Apr 2011
- Only 33% of advertisers have a mobile optimized site
Source: Google/Ipsos/TNS, Global Perspectives: The Smartphone User & The Mobile Marketer, Jun 2011
- There will be 81.3 million tablets sold worldwide in 2012, up from 15.7 million in 2010.
Source: eMarketer, December 2010
- 51% of business travelers use mobile devices to get travel information, more than double the rate of two years ago.
Source: Google/OTX, The Traveler’s Road to Decision 2011
- 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site that they had trouble accessing via their phone
Source: Compuware, Why the Mobile Web is disappointing end-users, March 2011
- We know people are active on their smartphones. 9 out 10 take action after searching
Source: OTX Smartphone User Research, April 2011
- By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than PCs to get online
Source: Gartner, 2010
The numbers speak volumes. If your business is not mobile ready the Mediative team can help expand your digital footprint and put you on the mobile map.