Manager, Publisher Relations
Why do we need you?
What will you do?
- Manage and own your portfolio of retail publishers, mainly consisting of Wal-Mart, by overseeing the various initiatives on behalf of your publishers within Mediative, overseeing the communication channels, tracking revenues, and flagging risks of all nature (tech and business).
- Manage cross-functional projects/deliverables across sales, finance, and ad ops. Your role is to drive the technical teams, as well and the business teams to achieve deliverables and commitments to your publishers.
- Develops standard offerings by publisher, understanding business rules/constraints, and works with Finance and Sales to establish the proper pricing.
- Proactively monitors revenue reports and pacing to understand revenue risks. Takes on a leadership role within the organization to ensure that all monetization levers are exploited on behalf of the publishers to maximize revenues.
- Communicates any risks to the publishers proactively, managing client expectations.
- Develop + distribute monthly KPI reports, plus bi-weekly pipeline reports.
- Manages a team of direct reports as required.
- Work with the WMG sales team to develop/execute advertiser opportunities, assist on RFPs with recommendations/brainstorm sessions, introduce sales requests to your managed publishers.
- Develop custom opportunities with publishers, and compile sales collateral. Works with finance on pricing of opportunities, and works with publishers to remove any roadblocks at the client level.
- Develops custom, and tailored offerings that are in support of the Agency Sales team, and help to drives further Sales outside of the Wal-Mart Sales team. This is to ensure that your publishers are top of mind when considering client KPIs and responses to pitches.
- Works with both WMG and Agency Sales team to develop sales strategies that fully exploit the opportunities for your publishers for Medaitive as a whole. Your role then is to ensure that there is knowledge sharing across the organization ensuring that strategies are known, and opportunities are clear to all of the Sales teams.
- Participates in Sales calls and meetings with advertising clients and agencies as required
- Recommend new ad units or advertising capabilities with your publishers through the creation of small business cases to demonstrate revenue opportunities, technical complexities, and overall benefits.
- Socialize these across sales, ad ops, and finance teams, while representing the needs and constraints of the publisher within the organization.
- Work with ad ops to project manage the execution of your your recommendations
- Develop sales collateral for new ad units or advertising capabilities
What we’re looking for?
- 3+ years related experience in online media – media planning or account management
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Ability to project manage technical project of low complexity
- Experience with SalesForce.com and various research tools such as comScore, eMarketer
- Sales experience an asset
- Strong problem solving skills with a proactive attitude
- Strong attention to detail plus excellent organizational skills
- Strong experience in managing large publishing clients
- Solid experience in cross functional project management
Why will you want to work with us?
- 3 weeks of pro-rated paid vacation starting the first year
- Flexible medical and dental benefits program starting on the first day
- Pension plan and group RRSP
- An environment that encourages open communication
- Casual environment where you can wear jeans!
- Opportunity to develop, to learn and grow in the organization
Thank you for your interest in Mediative. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this is an opportunity with Mediative, a division of Yellow Pages. You will therefore be directed to the Yellow Pages application site.
Gain insights to help you grow
Use our knowledge to improve your business: Get our latest research, case studies, and insights sent straight to your inbox.