Manager – Ad Operations
Why do we need you?
The Manager of the Ad-Ops team is responsible for overseeing all Advertising-Operations across premium, performance, programmatic and mobile platforms. They hold overall responsibility for the successful delivery of client campaigns and programs.
The Manager will establish procedures for maintaining high standards of fulfillment, product quality, reliability, and accuracy and will develop improved techniques for the control of these aspects of fulfillment including measuring performance of the team against objectives and operational metrics. This position will promote companywide quality and service improvement efforts and will enforce – through functional groups – productivity, quality and process requirements in accordance with company needs.
What will you do?
- Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of fulfillment, product quality, reliability, and accuracy in reporting across all aspects of our display products
- Implements standardized processes for the execution of all types of campaigns and services provided by Mediative
- Monitors campaign and team performance and proactively implements improvements and enhancements in campaign delivery best practices
- Creates and implements an ongoing plan to drive continuous improvement in advertising operations in response to client needs and changes in the industry
- Works with the Publisher, Product and Technology teams to implement process improvements and technologies to improve campaign performance and efficiency
- Establishes and advocates a culture of customer service excellence across the entire Ad Operations team.
- Key stakeholder in all product and innovation project responsible for ensuring the operational viability of new products and services.
- Assesses, tests and makes recommendations with regard to new products and/or services
- Plans and implements the integration of new publishers, products, platforms and services ensuring training, process and governance are in place and clearly communicated to the teams.
- Provides guidance and support to their team to ensure best results for clients
- Provides feedback and mentorship to the members of their team
- Effectively allocates team resources to appropriate projects
- Responsible for hiring and establishing culture within their group that is consistent with the Mediative culture.
- Review and manage solutions to inventory problems, resolves under-delivering campaigns, works with Publisher and/or other teams to optimize advertising space.
- Manage the development of inventory management, reporting and forecasting tools.
- Create and maintain regular campaign status reports that articulate campaign status, opportunities and risks to revenue growth
- Work with finance to ensure that billing and revenue recognition are accurate and delivered on time.
- Constantly tracks and monitors changes in the industry and proactively assesses and predicts the impact of new technologies and trends on ad operations.
- Active contributor to the Mediative blog, white papers and industry research
- Proactively mentors the team on new technologies and methodologies
- Ensures that new technologies and best practices are integrated into the Mediative ecosystem of best practices.
What we’re looking for?
- 4+ years experience in Internet industry; ad operations and/or ad-related technical experience.
- 1+ years experience in managing personnel and complex activities.
- Familiar with online advertising, marketing, and sales concepts and metrics with 2+ years supporting a sales organization.
- Internet media operations or site publishing/production experience preferred.
- Keen understanding of ad campaign metrics and analysis including; CPM, CPC, and CPA.
- Knowledge of the online advertising industry, trends, technologies and pricing models.
- Knowledge of sales order processing and PO reconciliation processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes and concepts, including revenue and billing.
- Experience with one or more Internet ad management or targeted marketing applications (e.g., DoubleClick DART / DFP, AdTech, Appnexus, etc.) required. Multiple applications experience preferred.
- Expert in Excel and Word, competent in MS Project.
- Familiarity with HTML, HTML5, and various rich media advertising creative technologies a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills – flexible, personable attitude.
- Able to evaluate and implement new technologies and procedures to enhance and improve planning success factors.
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics.
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes.
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and grow teams.
- Proven ability to solve problems in non standard and innovative ways.
- Ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan & implement the plan.
- Understands demand planning techniques and procedures.
- Understands the role of inventory and how to plan for sufficient levels of inventory relative to demand variability.
Why will you want to work with us?
- 3 weeks of pro-rated paid vacation starting the first year
- Flexible medical and dental benefits program starting on the first day
- Pension plan and group RRSP
- An environment that encourages open communication
- Casual environment where you can wear jeans!
- Opportunity to develop, to learn and grow in the organization
Thank you for your interest in Mediative. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this is an opportunity with Mediative, a division of Yellow Pages. You will therefore be directed to the Yellow Pages application site.
Gain insights to help you grow
Use our knowledge to improve your business: Get our latest research, case studies, and insights sent straight to your inbox.