Why do we need you?
Your raw talent and expertise in both graphic design and web integration are matched only by your dazzling leadership skills—to say nothing of your glowing personality and quick wit. You believe in leaving your ego at the door, know how to deliver constructive criticism, and take pride in your work ethic. You’re a true artist, a techie at heart, and a fun-loving people person who’s been known to high-five a colleague or two for a job well done.
Welcome, oh wise creative one. Your dream job awaits.
What will you do?
Reporting into the Director, Creative Services, the Art Director is responsible for developing exceptional creative concepts that engage online audiences and consumers for some of Mediative’s and Walmart Media Group’s most notable retail brands and agencies. This brilliant multi-disciplinarian must design and integrate visually appealing, user-friendly interfaces that are meaningful, effective, and persuasive.
The Art Director will also help support the Mediative brand across various communication touch points and marketing materials, as well as lead the development of collateral pieces for new and existing publishers.
As a motivated team player with a keen sense of humour, this charismatic leader will act as a coach and mentor to a team of web designers, and help them perfect their skills through constructive feedback and open communication.
- Show strategic, creative thinking during discovery calls, brainstorming sessions, and client pitches
- Work with the Director, Creative Services in the development and execution of creative strategies and goals for major retailers, vendor brands, agencies and direct clients
- Establish art direction, style, and tone of communication to transform marketing objectives into inspiring, innovative, and user-friendly executions across multiple digital touch points
- Articulate creative concepts, ideas and design rationale to peers and clients alike in a clear and concise fashion
- Oversee and review all creative executions to ensure they follow creative direction and guidelines, respect UX principles, and maintain the highest standards of quality
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers and Manager, Production & Planning in establishing realistic project timelines and scopes, and respecting both throughout the production process
- Research latest industry trends, tools, emerging technologies, and best practices; review, share and apply learnings
- Produce exceptional web design work under strict timelines, showing a distinct ability to be creative and remain focused under pressure
- Collaborate with Mediative’s Brand & Marketing team in developing materials across all communication touch points, in compliance with brand identity and guidelines
- Work with Interactive Web Designers to establish technical requirements for creative products and solutions
- Show creative and technical versatility, and a broad understanding of typography, web design, and brand identity systems
- Inspire, lead, coach and manage a small team of Web Designers, helping them refine their concepts, improve their design skills, and advance their web integration knowledge
- Establish clear roadmaps and KPIs for all direct reports, and have regular touch-points to track progress
- Take accountability for deliverables, timelines, budgets, quality of work, and compliance with guidelines of all assigned projects
What we’re looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Web Design, Multimedia or another relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience working as an Art Director in charge of a team of web designers, in an advertising and digital marketing environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive multi-device web design, branding, and UI/UX knowledge and experience
- Deep understanding of the online consumer and shopper marketing best practices
- Marked ability to think critically and transform marketing strategies into on-brand, effective, and visually appealing concepts
- Talent for quick creative thinking within strict timelines, with an acute attention to detail
- Marked ability to direct and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate primarily in English, as well as French
If you can hardly contain your excitement at the idea of filling this position, apply now. We can hardly contain our excitement at the idea of meeting you.
Why will you want to work with us?
- 3 weeks of pro-rated paid vacation starting the first year
- Flexible medical and dental benefits program starting on the first day
- Pension plan and group RRSP
- An environment that encourages open communication
- Casual environment where you can wear jeans!
- Opportunity to develop, to learn and grow in the organization
Thank you for your interest in Mediative. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this is an opportunity with Mediative, a division of Yellow Pages. You will therefore be directed to the Yellow Pages application site.
Gain insights to help you grow
Use our knowledge to improve your business: Get our latest research, case studies, and insights sent straight to your inbox.